Friday, January 23, 2009

Mommy's Big Helper


So many friends talk about what "big helpers" their daughters are...always wanting to be like their Mommy. I can say the same about my Luke. He is definitely a big "help" for Mommy. My precious son loves to "help" me around the house with various "chores" and of course with his little brother (and as we know, with my make-up too!). Here are just some of the things Luke likes to "help" with...sweeping the floors (the kid has his own Swiffer!), emptying the dishwasher (I have even found dirty utensils in the drawer), taking out the trash (he "helps" Daddy by pushing the trash bag down the stairs), etc.

This week he hit a whole new level of "helping" with Paden. I have seen him want to (and try to) pick Paden up from wherever he is hanging out at. Recently he announced that Paden had a stinky and started to change his diaper. Yes, you read that right, Luke attempted to change Paden's diaper. Before I knew it the baby's outfit was unzipped and he had a diaper hanging halfway off his little bottom! Thank goodness he was only wet (I can't imagine what it would have looked like if it was a stinky diaper)!!

So for all those moms out there who brag up and down about how physical/athletic/coordinated their little boys are -- all I can say is I've got one well-rounded, precious little boy. So there!

No comments: