Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

FAMILY -- that is one of my favorite things about the holidays. Being a military brat the holidays were usually spent with just the 4 of us (Mom, Dad, Katy and I) and maybe an occasional year would find us with our extended family. Now that I'm a mom with little ones myself, I'm thankful for the time the 4 of us are together, but am also thankful for the times when my whole family is together. This Christmas was one of those years. Our little house in Redondo Beach has been filled with little boys, grandparents, auntie, Grams and lots of laughter for a couple of weeks. Two weeks that were fun, exhausting, but will always be cherished. Four generations in one house is pretty cool!

Now I sit here in the quiet (well, at least the 2 boys are sleeping) and think about the whirlwind that was Christmas for the Mizell's. It was fun to see Luke interact with his Grandma Mimi, Poppie, Aunt Kiki and Grams. Of course Paden watched in wonder and amusement the entire time. Luke loved all his gifts from grandparents that truly spoiled him (though he doesn't know that some of them have been stashed away for later!). It was truly a "Thomas" Christmas for the kiddo -- trains, backpack/suitcase, towels, plates, fork/spoon, you name it, they make it, Luke has it! I do feel like a bad Mommy though -- I'm horrible about taking pictures, and I didn't even take a single one of Paden on his first Christmas day! Poo!

So I'll sum up this past couple of weeks...fun, tiring, joyous, tiring, yummy, tiring...you get the point! And now I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us in 2009 -- crazy enough to think it's here in a matter of days! Wow! See you then!

No comments: